Monday 13 May 2013

First swim

Today I took my baby boy blue to his first swimming lesson. I was so so lucky to win a years supply of water babies classes, such a fantastic prize! With the second child I don't really have time or money to take him to as many groups so this is fantastic as it is going to be our thing we do the two of us!

I was nervous because he is only 9 weeks but he was allowed to start as he is over 12lb in weight. I was worried he was too young to start but if I didn't take this class I would have been waiting until September and my maternity leave would be slipping away! So off we went and I'm glad we did. It was a really enjoyable bonding experience, after a slight yelp after getting in the water we made it through the class without tears. We bobbed up and down, spun around, splashed and he even had a quick underwater dip. He smiled and relaxed and looked at me as if to say "what on earth is going on here mummy?"

I'm sure we will have our share of less smooth lessons as we go along but I am really looking forward to the next lesson now.

I didn't take my daughter for lessons as they were so expensive but did take her to the pool regularly. She is really confident in water and has so much fun but doesn't really know how to swim or take interest in listening to instructions. I'm hoping these lessons will be a good starting block to getting him swimming and showing me how to help and teach him!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure thіs post haѕ touched
    all thе іnternet νisitorѕ,
    its reallу really pleasаnt paragraph оn building uρ new weblοg.



    Visit my pаge :: iphone repair pj

    ReplyDelete