Wednesday 8 February 2012

The Gallery

 A Family Story

I've been following the gallery as a blog reader and really enjoyed it so now, as I'm getting my own blog together, I was eager to find out how you join the club! I was very excited to find The Sticky Finger's blog open and friendly, with a lovely invite to all bloggers to come and join in, hurray!

So here is my first entry,  I love the theme as it really made me think back through old photos and brought back lovely memories. This is one of my all time favourite pics, I think I took it when I was about 10 with my new camera (long before the days of digital cameras don't you know!) I love how it shows the three generations of men in the family, although they like to think they're pretty different, this photo tells a different story! Look at the concentration on their faces, they all share the same competitive streak when it comes to sports... the ladies of our family have long since learnt to opt out of games such as this!!

My Grandpa loved sports and didn't like to lose. I remember going to see him in hospital not long before he passed away (at the grand age of 92!) and he pretended he'd never played draughts before just in case I beat him... I didn't! He's left so many fantastic moments like that with me and photos like this bring them all back.





10 comments:

  1. Lovely photo showing the generations, something I don't really have which is odd considering the huge amount of photos we do have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma, got me thinking there are a lot of girls in the family now, I need to get one of us together! xx

      Delete
  2. A lovely photo and I love that your Grandpa pretended not to know how to play

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lovely story and nice to see a picture where a big part of the memory is you taking it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can still picture the camera itself, the size of a lunch box lol! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely post and a lovely photo. Welcome to the blogging world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely blog and post! Welcome to the world of blogging-you will be hooked! I'm your newest follower-hurray! x
    www.atwentysomethingmum.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yey!! A new follower thanks Chloe I'm following your blog too now :) x

      Delete