Monday 11 June 2012

Yummy Mummy Meme


Thank you Milk Teeth Mummy for tagging me in this one, created by BusyBee, sorry it has taken me so long to get round to it! Here are the simple meme rules I'm passing on for anyone who's joining in:

"When answering the questions, give as much detail as possible. It’s all about the finer details, people! Leave a comment on here (BusyBeeMummyBex BlogSpot.) Tag three or more people and link to them on your blog. Tweet #yummymummy when sharing on twitter."



What is the first thing you do when you wake up?: 
On a work day, as soon as the alarm buzzes I jump straight out of the bed (speedy speedy style) and into the shower... I get up at 6.20 am and have 25 minutes to get ready so there's no time for yawning or coffee!! 

On my day off however I get woken by my little girl and then go and bring her up to my bed for a lazy cuddle, which I think we both deserve. 

Do you Shower Daily? Are you a Early Morning Shower or evening Bath type? 
I have to have my morning shower. When I was pregnant I made myself a pact that no matter what I would always have a morning shower and get dressed... no pj days for me! I do love an evening bath but I just never seem to get the chance.

Do you wear Make Up Daily? 
I don't wear hugs amounts of make up but you'll rarely catch me without mascara and a bit of eyeliner... I feel tired without it on. I only wear foundation on special occasions like weddings! I was the same before I was a mummy though, I just had neater eyeliner.

What's in your make up bag? 
Most importantly – Mascara – why do men always get the long eyelashes? Mine are pretty non-existent so this is always my essential item. At the moment I have a Clinique mascara which was a free sample from facebook. I wish I had never been sent it because I love it so much and I'm not sure I'm ever going to be able to go back to my bargain brand... clever sneaky marketing Clinique.

Next up are...

black kohl eyeliner, some pinkish/nude eye shadows, a liquid eyeliner, some glitter eyeliner, some shimmer, my favourite Estée Lauder blusher and foundation, 5 or 6 lip glosses! 

When your having a slummy Mummy day what do you normally wear? 
What I am wearing now... a very 70s old hooded sweatshirt I stole from my Dad years ago!

Nails - how often do you get them done? 
I have had my nails done once, for my wedding. I got gel nails done and I loved them but it's just an over budget luxury. I painted my nails nicely for my Mum's 60th birthday and my Nana told me if I have time to do my nails then I'm not looking after my baby properly. My Nana is awesome, I could write a book of the funny things she has said to me!

Your top tip for Tired Eyes? 
A time machine?  

Are you a Starbucks or Costa Coffee kind of girl? 
Pret, sorry! I think it's the best value and they make and bake things there which I think makes them taste fresher. I have been known to build up a few loyalty points in Costa lotta though! Oh and I LOVE Starbucks fruit toast if I'm having a bad morning on the way to work. 

How many Children do you have/want & why? 
I have one at the moment but myself am a middle child of three. I love being one of three as I have a big sister and a little brother and feel so lucky to have them. Because of this I always imagined I would have three but as the practicalities of life kick in I can see this may not be the case. I will see how it goes and be happy with the family I have!

Where is your favourite place to shop for Babies/Children's clothes? 
If money weren't an option I'd be in John Lewis, I love their baby clothes. I used to love picking up baby bits from the GAP reduced rails and have got some great bargains in the past. I think M&S and Mothercare are great for the quality/price balance and H&M is great for bargains. Since potty training I have purchased some useless pants but the best ones I found were great value from H&M. I LOVE baby/kids clothes I wish I had an endless budget to buy all the gorgeous things I see! Oh Next is good too, and Vertbaudet... I could go on...

Flats or Heels Everyday shoes are? 
I am tall so my shoes are very flat! Now I'm a bit more grown up I don't mind being taller but have found I still can't wear heels. It's too late for me – I am now so out of practise I can't walk anywhere without twisting my ankle :(


Now you need to Tag 3 People to do this : 
I tag, amummysview, lovefrommummy and thecrumbymummy

2 comments:

  1. Aw, lazy cuddles with a little daughter has to be the best way to start the day, I try to remind myself of that as mine moves from lazy cuddles to telling me to get up and pulling the covers off me!!!

    ReplyDelete