Tuesday 28 August 2012

People pedal power

Well we did it, this weekend we took part in our local Sky Ride. We cycled up to the start point and I was worried I'd be tired before I got there but I didn't do too badly! It almost looked like we wouldn't make it as there was a problem with my inner tube...my husband zoomed to the shops for a new one and replaced it but it still went flat. Luckily my mum saved the day and leant me her much nicer bike (a specialized) yey!

When we got to the start point we picked up some bright yellow bibs and set off. I meant to get a photo of us looking so fetching but completely forgot, sorry! A few of the main roads around the City Centre of Milton Keynes had been closed off and a route set out so we had lots of fun pedalling along the dual carriageways. My daughter thought it was a race track and was over the moon to be on the back of daddy's bike for a change so she could actually win for once! We stopped at the bike cafe for a drink and a snack to put all those calories back on, and relaxed on a friendly atmosphere while Squiggle tried a spot of tennis and honked the horn of a penny farthing.

It was a really lovely morning out and I would recommend looking up your nearest event and joining in. I bet there could be some really spectacular routes in some towns and cities!

Enjoying the bike cafe

2 comments:

  1. My developer is trying to convince me to move
    to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the expenses.
    But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type
    on several websites for about a year and am concerned about switching to another
    platform. I have heard very good things about
    blogengine.net. Is there a way I can import all my
    wordpress posts into it? Any kind of help would be greatly appreciated!



    my web site :: fake ray ban sunglasses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fine way of explaining, and nice piece of writing
    to take facts about my presentation topic, which
    i am going to deliver in school.

    Feel free to surf to my blog; fake oakleys

    ReplyDelete