Saturday 7 April 2012

Toddler teeth

I had forgotten all about teething, it was something I always watched out for when Squiggle was a baby. But we've had a few restless nights recently. Age two, my little one does sometimes wake in the night but she normally goes back to sleep without too much trouble. This was different, she was so restless and couldn't settle, I started to think she was having nightmares. On the third night of this she woke for the third time in one night... she suddenly screamed to me, "my teeth hurt, they hurt, it's in my mouth mummy!!" I couldn't believe I hadn't thought of this, if only she had told me before. I felt her gums and poor thing, it was the very back bottom two coming up... all easily helped with a bit of calpol.

Come on evolution can't you sort this one out?!

3 comments:

  1. I feel so awful when they get teething pain, wish you could take it all away from them don't you?x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh teething is horrible isnt it :( jellybean is daling with it at the moment and I just wish I could take her pain away

    ReplyDelete