Thursday 15 March 2012

Dreaming big

I didn't get much sleep last night, I'm not going to complain too much though... strangely I almost enjoyed being woken last night.

At 4am the dreaded "Muuuuuuummy I want more miiiiiilk" on repeat. She really only wakes every now and then in the night, I normally bring her some milk, leave it with her and go back to bed so it's not too much bother. 


Last night I couldn't get back to sleep though, and neither could she. After 30 minutes of me lying awake I heard "Muuuuummy, can I come in your bed?" She hasn't asked that in ages so I thought she must really be feeling restless so I brought her up. 


Then she randomly wanted me to find her Snow White doll to cuddle, so I did. After telling her a couple of made up stories about our little friend Oscar Mouse she nodded off. 


Then she started jumping, twitching and making noises... oh no nightmares I thought. But Then I realised she was actually laughing! So funny. Then all was quiet again. Just snoring. More quiet. Then she shouts "we are princesses, we are princesses!" still asleep, but sounded so excited. 


I was really surprised she was dreaming about princesses, I thought she'd be dreaming about things she does, like eating peas or something. What a cute little insight into my daughters mind. I'm happy mummy, but after the alarm went of an hour and a half later, very tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment